THE JUNIOR PERFORMANCE PROGRAM AT CARMEL VALLEY RANCH
The Professional Golf Staff at Carmel Valley Ranch is excited to announce a new approach to our Junior Golf Program. As of April 8, 2017,* the program’s philosophy will mirror that of the Titleist Performance Institute.
Our new program embraces two key ideas:
- Create Athletes first, then Golfers. We believe it is much easier to create a great golfer out of a great athlete.
- Golf is a hard skill to learn. It takes a lot of time and effort to become proficient, so our junior program must be fun. Juniors must enjoy playing in order to spend the time necessary to improve. That said, we encourage our juniors to play as many other sports as possible in order to become well-rounded athletes.
The new Junior Performance Program offers three age-based levels, all of which have an on-course component to them:
Level 1 – FUN (Grades K-2) - The main focus for our youngest golfers is to create an athlete out of each of them. We will also work on some basic golf skills such as grip, stance, and alignment.
Level 2 – PLAY (Grades 3-5) - Children at this age level will learn everything they need to know about how to swing, putt, chip, pitch and hit bunker shots. We will also help them maintain their athleticism during these years.
Level 3 – TRAIN (Grades 6-8) - The main focus at this level is to help Junior Golfers learn how to practice. We will also work on improving speed and agility.
All classes take place on Saturdays at the following times:
Level 1 - 1:00PM-2:20PM
Level 2 - 2:30PM-3:50PM
Level 3 - 4:00PM-5:20PM
* Until April 8, we will continue to take drop-ins for our current program on Saturdays, 2:00p-3:00p and
Cost is on a monthly basis; when you sign up for the program, your child will be registered for a calendar month. There is also an annual fee of $50 that includes a hat and a shirt.
- Golf Members - $100 per month
- River Ranch Members - $140 per month
- Outside Guests - $160 per month
For more information, contact Todd Southard at 831.620.6406, ext. 402.
Director of Instruction Todd Southard and the Golf Professionals at Carmel Valley Ranch are excited to offer three-day camps for ages 6 to 12 this summer. These camps are a great opportunity to learn all aspects of the game, including full swing, short game, putting, and etiquette. Each session includes on-course play.
10:30a - 3:00p
- June 13-15, 20-22, and 27-29
- July 4-6, 11-13, 18-20, and 25-27
- August 1-3 and 6-10
$295 for Resort Guests | $275 for Members
Price includes equipment.