The buzz is building for our annual celebration of the 7000+ fragrant purple plants that grace our hillsides, feed our honeybees, and provide the inspiration for our culinary program and spa products. Don’t miss the party! Join us in the Organic Garden for harvesting demos, delicious lavender-inspired food and drink, lavender-themed crafts, meet-and-greets with the Ranch Artisans, live music, and much more.
On the Menu:
- Chef Tim Wood’s famous street tacos featuring BBQ shredded chicken and Yucatan-style shredded pork, plus queso fresco, cabbage, chipotle aioli, and cumin-chili yogurt sauce
- Live-action wood-fired pizzas including heirloom-tomato mozzarella, pepperoni, and wild mushroom with parmesan & truffle
- Swank Farms Morning Harvest Farm Stand featuring heirloom tomato & burrata salad, grilled sweet corn & cherry tomato ragu; and grilled veggies with house-made jalapeño ranch dressing
- Lavender shortbread cookies & chocolate cupcakes with lavender ganache
- Frozen honey lavender lemonade (alcoholic and virgin options)
Activities & Artisans:
- Goat-cheese tasting with Charlie Casio, the Cheesemaker
- Salt tasting and blending with Carlo Overhulser, the Salt Sourcerer
- Talking dirt with Farmer Mark Marino, the Dirt Whisperer
- “What’s the Buzz” observation hive and education station with our beekeepers
- Raptor visit with Falconer Antonio and his winged ambassadors
- Henna Art
- DIY crafts - lavender crowns & bouquets, sachets, bath teas, and bath truffles
- Guided painting sessions
- Lawn games
- Lavender distillation demonstration
- Scheduled garden tours, chicken chats, and goat gabs
Saturday, July 11, 2020; 1:00p–4:00p; $95 per person, ages 13+; $55 ages 6–12, ages 5 & under complimentary; $245 family package (2 adults + 2 kids).
Price includes food, one drink ticket (additional beverages available at cash bar), one goodie bag for each adult.